Remarketing – Why You Should Be Using It

Remarketing – Why You Should Be Using It

Remarketing has become one of the most powerful tools at the disposal of marketers in recent years and if your website isn’t using remarketing, you should be seriously considering it. In an ultra-competitive online market place, remarketing can give you the edge of competitors.

What Is Remarketing?

As we mentioned remarketing is one of the most powerful tools on the internet and it is something we all experience on a daily basis. Remember when you were looking at those tickets for the football or when you were looking at that bed online – then suddenly the next website you were on displayed an ad for the very same product? That is remarketing.

Businesses who use remarketing on their websites, have a piece of code on specific webpages which adds a cookie to your PC and browser. This then allows the website to display those products on any website or page that is part of the Google Display Network. They can also show products through sponsored Facebook Ads.

It is all about marketing products to users who have visited your site, but didn’t convert into customers.

Most sites can only convert maybe 3% off their visitors. With remarketing you’ll be able to continue to work on the remaining 97%

Why Is Remarketing So Effective?

Remarketing has become so effective and popular, because it allows you target a specific audience who have already visited your website and are aware of your brand.

It allows you to consistently put a product or service that you know people are looking for in front of them at every given opportunity. This is one of the main reasons that remarketing campaigns see a much higher return on investment (ROI) than the vast majority of other marketing campaigns conducted on the internet.

According to ComScore – Remarketed ads lead to a 1046% increase in branded searches and a 726% increase in website visits after 4 weeks of remarketing.

How To Start A Remarketing Campaign?

To start your remarketing campaign you will need to ask your web developer to add either the Google Remarketing code or the Facebook pixel to your website header. This can be found within Google Adwords or your Facebook Page Ads Manager.

From here you then have to build audiences based on what you want to sell and then also decide how long you wish your campaign to run for. Generally remarketing campaigns run in cycles of 30, 90 or 180-day cookies – this all depends on the sales you wish to achieve and the urgency of making these sales.

With these cycles it is all about getting the message out there and converting those users who visit your website into customers.

Then you have to build your audience, which can be as broad or specific as you wish. But really you want to be targeting a very specific group of people – anybody can target people who visit your homepage. The power of remarketing comes from drilling down to those audiences who buy your products.

You may wish to set your remarketing campaign to target the users who visit homepage>view a product>add to basket but then leave the site. Remarketing can help you bring back those who add to the basket but don’t complete the purchase.

Considering the average abandonment rate for retail in 2016 was slightly over 70%, it can be incredibly effective.

Once you have figured out the audience you wish to target with your remarketing, you can then refine the ads that you wish to put in front of them. Tailor it to their browsing, products they have looked at or any other relevant data.

For a no obligation consultation on your Remarketing Campaign, please complete the form below

[contact-form-7 id=”1679″ title=”Blog Form”]