Google My Business team member Allyson Wright has announced that the feature to upload videos in the Google My Business dashboard has been rolled out for business owners following its testing phase.
Both customers and business owners can view and upload videos on Business listings – the maximum length for these videos is 30 seconds and it could take up to 24 hours for the video to be visible on the Google Maps listing or local web search results to allow for a vetting process.
This addition will be a great way to add customer video testimonials, product demos, commercials, and more to your Google Maps listing. Videos uploaded by customers will appear separately in the ‘customer’ tab and could be an interesting platform for user-generated content such as reviews and short vlogs.
There will soon be an option to flag videos as innapproatiate and Google has stated that mobile support for this new feature will be available in the future.
Videos can be added to your business listing under the Google My Business Dashboard “photos” tab, where a new Video link is displayed at the top. Under this tab there is a “post videos” button available. See the screenshot below for an example:
In some instances videos have taken over 3 days to appear, however Allyson Wright has stated:
- Videos will appear in the overview tab of the Google My Business Dashboard
- Customer uploaded videos can be found in the ‘customer’ tab
- Merchant uploaded videos can be found in the ‘by owner’ tab
- All videos can be viewed together in the ‘videos’ tab
- After upload it could take up to 24 hours for the videos to appear. Once live, they will display where local photos do.
Back in 2008, Google offered the feature for video uploads to local listings but the feature was since removed after numerous iterations of the Google My Business dashboard.