Digital Marketing Assistant – Birmingham City Centre
Are you passionate about digital marketing and looking to progress your career and supplement your skill-set with a range of modern online marketing and SEO techniques?
As a Digital Marketing Assistant, you will support the Marketing Manager with a broad range of both online and offline marketing across the clients businesses.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for, and a strong foundation in, online marketing, combined with a creative flair and solid analytical thinking.
This role requires strong collaboration with sales teams, graphic designers and SEO consultants.
As a Digital Marketing Assistant you will be involved in the following:
- Supporting the Marketing Manager with the full marketing mix
- Helping to manage marketing campaigns
- Produce copy/ content for clients’ websites
- Managing social media accounts
- Helping to produce informational brochures – both online & offline
- Liaising across departments and working closely with sales and management
- An analytical understanding of brands and readers to ensure all elements within your scope resonate with our core target market
- Planning and delivery of subscriptions marketing social media strategy: working alongside the Managers to plan the organic and paid strategies to relevant audiences across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Collaborating closely with team members to create website and social content
- Management of the marketing offers on websites: Keeping websites up-to-date with relevant and consistent offers. Leading conversion rate optimisation strategies, including analysis of landing page and conversion effectiveness, while providing feedback and progress updates to the business
- Assist with e-mail campaigns by providing interesting and up to date content concentrating on delivery, open rates, click through rates and lead generation
- Copy write campaign and core brand content for the website, social channels, and e-mail briefs: ensuring content delivers against key messages and is in brand tone of voice
- Input into wider campaign design and planning – Attend meetings with the current marketing team and in-house designers and bring your ideas on how to amplify across all digital touch points
- Competitive tracking: Identifying what our competitors are delivering across their online channels and recommending what elements to replicate
- Performance reporting and insight: Reporting the digital marketing performance on a weekly basis
- Input into wider campaigns and strategies across our group of businesses, including events marketing and client partnerships
As a Digital Marketing Assistant you will have the following:
- A Marketing or Digital Marketing Degree or similar qualification in Marketing
- Experience within marketing, PR, digital, web or communications role is preferred
- You must have strong copy-writing skills, have a keen eye for detail and understand the concepts of digital marketing
- You would have ideally managed social media accounts – Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Previously worked within an organisation where you have worked with people at all levels
- Demonstrate success in online marketing via study, work experience or previous roles
- A natural passion for, and hunger to stay at the cutting-edge of, online marketing
- A motivated self-starter who can work autonomously but solicit help and feedback when needed
- Creative flair and eye for detail
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across different teams
- Able to think strategically and commercially analyse the impact of digital marketing activity
This is a great opportunity for a graduate looking to take the next step in their career, with lots of opportunities to become a multi-faceted digital marketer and develop your skills in both B2C and B2B fields.